Download the PDF version of the Call for Competitions here
Call for Competitions
MobiQuitous 2014 invites proposals for competitions of the 2014 International Conference on
Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services, in cooperation with ACM
SIGAPP, SIGBED and technically co-sponsored by IEEE.
We are soliciting competition proposals on topics of relevance to Mobile and Ubiquitous
• You have a dataset you want people to exploit?
• You want to push people to compete with new approaches hot topics in Networked,
Mobile and Ubiquitous systems?
• You have a challenge/problem you would like to see solved and are looking for creative
Competitions are a great opportunity to direct the interest of a community towards a hot topic
and to connect with people that conduct the real research.
Depending on the competition format, scientific papers submitted to competitions can be
included in the adjunct proceedings of the Mobiquitous Conference and will
then be accessible via the ACM digital library.
Pre-proposal Submission Inquiries
If you have questions on specific needs or practical issues for your competition, please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are keen to help you realise your competition idea.
Competition Proposal Content
The proposal should be prepared as a document of no more than 4 pages in the official
ACM proceedings format – tighter alternate style (Word, Latex). It must describe the
topic, rationale and objectives for the competition, the organizers’ backgrounds and bio,
an estimate of expected participation.
Competitions will be reviewed by a jury of experts who will consider several factors, including:
• Timeliness and novelty of the competition topic
• The potential for the topic of the competition to stir interest in Mobiquitous audience.
• The quality, organization and plan described in the proposal.
• Relevance to the main conference.
The organizers of a competition are expected to:
• Publicize the competition with a call for competitors via the MobiQuitous website
• Set up a own web site for the competition containing more details on the competition
• Work with the MobiQuitous Publication Chairs if you plan to to include competition
papers in the ACM digital library and the supplementary proceedings
• Work with the MobiQuitous Workshop Chairs to arrange the competition
• Actively run the competition
Submitting Your Proposal
Please email your proposal directly to email@example.com. The deadline for
submission is May 1st, 2014. The submission should be a single PDF file, including both the
proposal (max. 4 pages).
• Submission deadline: May 1, 2014
• Notification of acceptance: May 10, 2014
• First distribution of all accepted competition's calls for participation: May 20, 2014
• Competitions: December 2, 2014
Stephan Sigg, Georg-August University Goettingen, Germany
Iqbal Mohomed, IBM Research, USA
If you have any further inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org